Thursday, October 1, 2009

The Cougar


The Cougar, also known as the Mountain Lion or Puma, is the second largest of the new world cats second only to the Jaguar, measuring six to eight feet long , and weighting on the average of 155 to 160 lbs. It's coloration ranges from grayish or brownish to rich cinnamon or tawny. Cougars hunt mostly at night and feed mainly on deer, elk and porcupines.

The Cougar is a solitary animal. The male and female will remain together only a few days during the mating season.

They are an age old victim of fear and superstition. The shadowy Mountain Lion is so elusive that is has also been called the American Ghost.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this sculpture. My younger brother once met one in his chicken coop. Bro took of one direction, the couger in the other.

    I wanted you to know my sister Clytie and I have been praying for you and your dear family, as you've lost your beloved sweetheart. God bless you dear one. This year will be the hardest--and so I will be praying for you, Deann, and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete