Sunday, January 10, 2010

Thank You, God

Every morning that I wake up
With God's glory all around,
I think of all my children
and the happiness I've found

God sure knew what wealth He brought me
When He put you in my care.
Troubles never stay long with me
'Cause I know you kids are there.

I think of you each morning
With a heart that's full of love,
Hoping God will keep you happy
As He looks down from above.

Hoping that He'll keep you always
in the shelter of His hand
With health and joy abounding
As you live here in His land.

Every day I look toward Heaven
With thanks to God within my heart
'Cause He gave me all you children
and the joys you all impart.

Mabel E. Evans

1 comment:

  1. Oh, what lovely poetry! Thank you for sharing this lovely poem. Indeed it echoes my own heart and prayers concerning my darling children.

    May today be filled with light and blessings. You are precious in God's eyes, you know.

    ReplyDelete